Careers at Crosslake
Crosslake works with technology leaders to transform software development across the globe. We help organizations continually innovate and optimize software delivery to create new value. We understand that it’s our dedicated employees who make that happen. Do you have what it takes to foster excellence in yourself and others?
View current employment opportunities below. If you have what it takes, then submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Are you passionate about building great software solutions? Are you a strong organizational and technical leader? Are you interested in rebuilding platforms that combines your passions for building software and leading technical teams? If so, read on, as this is the kind of opportunity for you.
Crosslake is a leader in helping companies both large and small innovate and optimize their technologies to create new value and growth. This means helping them transition from legacy platform architectures and methodologies to modernized software using the latest technologies and Agile methodologies. Our passion towards helping business reach their objectives means we’re growing and building technology teams in the Tallinn, Estonia area.
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise software design and development, with a proven track record of delivering.
- 5+ years in leadership or management roles.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with quality practices such as unit testing, code reviews, test automation, and DevOps (e.g. continuous integration and delivery).
- Demonstrated results with SaaS (e.g. microservices) and N-Tier architectures, application servers, web frameworks, databases and data warehouses, analytics, and RESTful APIs, and experience with cloud technologies, Docker and PaaS solutions
- Experience with Agile/Lean development methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is preferred.
- Ability to manage large-scale, aggressive, dynamic and sometimes ambiguous technical projects with competing resources and priorities.
- Ability to accurately and objectively assess technical and personal strengths/weaknesses.
- An immense passion and demonstrated ability to undertake and deliver on huge and exciting challenges, and continuously improve a team and their practices.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills enabling you to speak and present to clients and across all organizational levels with capability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups.
- Skills to successfully negotiate ambiguity in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You have intelligent risk-taking tendencies – you are not afraid to fail, but fail fast, and learn from the mistakes, making everyone around you better for it.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, advanced degree preferred.You’re smart, passionate and have an infectious can-do attitude. You have impeccable communication skills in English. You are looking to take your game to the next level. You are accountable, self-motivated and always driving yourself and the team to do better. You thrive on big impactful roles and are the kind of leader people want to follow. Building high performing teams is what you do. You should be part of the Crosslake Labs experience.
- Fast-paced and complex technology environments need a strong organizational and technical leader. That’s where you come in.
- As Head of Engineering, you will own delivery of strategic projects and vision for Crosslake Labs. You will be responsible for creating engineering teams, implementing modern architecture, and leveraging best-in-class development processes.
- You will drive the engineering organization towards industry best practices so that we can create innovative, maintainable, and high-quality products for our clients’ needs.
- You will be a hands-on leader, hiring the best candidates and coaching the team on the right ways to engineer software. You will roll up your sleeves and dive in and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- You have delivered technology solutions before, and you will do it again. Only this time you will take your skills and your team to the next level.
- Create a strategic plan and engineering vision for the team, architecture, and development practices that delivers on the mission to modernize legacy architectures.
- Drive successful project execution to deliver innovation and high-quality user and business value as quickly as possible, leveraging industry engineering best practices, continuous improvement, coaching, performance management and architectural contributions.
- Build an efficient and productive engineering organization and system based on Agile architecture and development practices, continuously ensuring that execution and quality is kept high and trending forward by establishing a baseline and success metrics.
- Contribute to the definition and execution of the Crosslake business strategy by collaborating with other leaders across the organization, receiving positive feedback on your interactions.
Do you live, breathe, and dream about software architecture? Are you passionate about learning and adopting new technologies? Are you interested in rebuilding platforms that combines your passions for architecture with new technologies? If so, read on, as this is the kind of opportunity for you.
Crosslake is a leader in helping companies both large and small innovate and optimize their technologies to create new value and growth. This means helping them transition from legacy platform architectures and methodologies to cloud-based and modern architectures and Lean/Agile methodologies.
- 5+ years of experience in years Software Architecture and Development
- 3+ years in leadership or management roles
- Experience developing world-class logical and physical architectures for modern SaaS and n-tier architectures.
- Experience in technologies, such as Java, OpenStack or Microsoft technologies, is a must. Experience in cloud technologies, microservices, Docker and PaaS is strongly preferred.
- You also can understand and explain a lot of TLAs (three-letter acronyms).
- Leadership ability in various development methodologies such as Agile/Lean, SAFe, or XP.
- Strong object-oriented and service-oriented architecture and design skills (including APIs), including working knowledge of architectural modeling and design patterns, and a test-first mentality.
- Ability to understand complex technical problems and come up with simple and efficient solutions.
- A deep understanding of non-functional requirements for commercial, mission-critical enterprise software products and services in the areas of system performance, scalability, security, usability, ease of implementation, supportability, and maintainability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, advanced degree preferred
You’re smart and passionate. You have impeccable communication skills in English. You are accountable, self-motivated and always driven to do better. You live and breathe technology. You thrive with big problems and strive for simple solutions. *You* should be part of the Crosslake experience.
- Analyze existing architectures, understand the core technical intellectual property critical to delivering business value and identify opportunities to improve the architecture.
- Strategize the technology direction by collaborating with the client’s product leadership team on architectural modernization options. Map the strategy down to concrete concepts and Deliver a roadmap the engineering team understands and can implement.
- Own and drive architectural platform definition, design, delivery and adoption. Define the layers, systems, components and protocols for a platform that delivers on business objectives.
- Innovate by defining the right technology to deliver on the business objectives, including performance and scale requirements.
- Communicate all architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies and garner buy-in from all stakeholders.
- Stand-up for quality by designing, reviewing, and overseeing implementation of end-to-end integrated systems, as well as internal systems such as product deployment (DevOps) and licensing. Establish team coding standards and enforce their usage, measuring effectiveness over time. Show the team what quality means and its impact. Ensure non-functional requirements are defined and adhered to.
- Help Build high-performing engineering teams to help meet the architectural roadmap. Mentor developers on development practices and making the right architectural decisions.High expectations? Yes. Considering we are changing the world of technology we wouldn’t have it any other way.
The technical world is changing rapidly and IT teams are tasked with taking on new visions and transforming to stay competitive and profitable. We here at Crosslake work with technology leaders to help them innovate and optimize through improved architecture, organization and processes.
Innovative and complex technology environments need a strong organizational and technical leader, to drive rapid change. That’s where you come in.
As the IT Service Director, you will own the practice from vision through project delivery. You will be responsible for creating services, growing a team, and delivering value that addresses our client’s technical challenges and anticipates the future direction of the industry.
You have delivered technology solutions before, and you will do it again. Only this time you will take your skills and your team to the next level.
- Define practices and services that are relevant to the client and have significant business impact.
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts to effectively promote practices and help close opportunities.
- Drive project delivery to accomplish client goals. Key measure of success is client satisfaction with the end project results.
- Build an efficient and repeatable project delivery process based on Agile implementation practices to ensure consistent and high quality, as measured by client feedback.
- Build a service delivery team that embraces a culture of innovation, customer and operational excellence, through strong leadership, effective coaching, and continuous performance management, and recruiting great people.
- The IT Service Director must be a customer satisfaction and execution guru with deep technical, process, business, solid people and organizational capabilities. Are you that person?
- 10+ years of experience in IT, with a proven track record of delivering and driving organizational changes, including 5+ years in a leadership roles.
- A deep understanding of IT technical architectures from Applications through IT Infrastructure.
- Experience with various industry certifications such as HIPAA, SOC, ISO27001, and HITRUST.
- Intimate knowledge of infrastructure cybersecurity best practices
- Experience with cloud-based technologies such IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Experience with Business Continuity Planning and Disaster Recovery.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills that allow you speak and present to the entire organization, ranging from the CEO to the engineers.
- An ability to accurately and objectively assess technical and personal strengths/weaknesses.
- Global IT experience is a plus.
- Agile/lean work experience is preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
You’re smart. You’re skilled. You belong on a high-performing team that is easing the pain of a life-certainty for businesses around the world. You want to contribute to the overall success of a burgeoning technology business. You should be a part of the Crosslake experience.
Does it sicken you to see the software development disasters that occur every day? You know the kind – poor quality, inefficient development cycles and missed deadlines. Do you want to help teams prevent these mistakes from occurring? Are you a go-getter who is very results-oriented, and can make a high performing team even better? Then we have the role for you.
Crosslake, an enabler of software engineering excellence for high-profile technology companies, is seeking a superstar senior consultant that has been around the block a few times. You’ve lived in the trenches and ideally have lead successful teams to the promised land of high quality software delivered on time at a frequent cadence. You know what it takes to be successful and are excited and passionate about imparting that knowledge and wisdom onto others.
- Be an apprentice consultant for your first 2 projects and then be willing and able to drive a project on your own to successful completion, including collaboration, project management, and getting your hands dirty
- Participate in and drive technical due diligence efforts on behalf of investment companies, collaborating, digging deep, and creating a report for the investors to outline technical investment risks
- Assess the capability of a software engineering organization and create a plan to improve the team in targeted areas
- Participate in hands-on implementation projects using processes and technologies that are most applicable to you, producing stellar customer feedback along the way
- [Nice to have] Leverage your network and communication skills to bring new business to a small but growing company (with big incentives)
- Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work from home (or an office of your choosing) and be self-directed, but also effectively collaborate with the team in both a remote and in-person capacity
- Strong technical acumen and technical horsepower
- Strong knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Product Management, Program Management, Software Architecture, Software Development, Quality Assurance, Release Management, DevOps, Product Support, Professional Services
- Be willing to learn and take on new areas that may be outside of your initial comfort zone
- Passion towards making others great and making a high-performing team even better
- An action-oriented personality – you know how to get stuff done
- [Preferred, but not mandatory] Be available for in-person collaboration sessions in the Seattle area on relatively short notice
- [Preferred] Strong knowledge in at least one of the following areas: Project Management tools (e.g. TFS, Jira), Development technologies (e.g. C#, Java), Build tools (e.g. TFS, Jenkins, TeamCity), Test tools (e.g. TFS, HP QC, Selenium), Deployment tools (e.g. MS Release Management, Octopus, Chef)
- [Preferred] Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (BUT experience is more important than a specific degree)
- 10+ years shipping software products or services in one of the following roles: Product Management, Program Management/Business Analyst, Architect, Developer, QA Engineer, Release Manager, DevOps, Product Support or Professional Services
You’re smart and passionate about how software is developed. You are accountable, self-motivated and always driven to do better. You have a high degree of initiative and are always looking for new ways to help people. You learn from your mistakes and make everyone around you better for it. You live and breathe Kaizen. You belong on a small team making big impacts. You should be part of the Crosslake experience.