In an effort to provide education and valuable information, we have a variety of resources available in various formats. Review the list below to find ebooks, white papers, checklists, webinar recordings and various presentations. Some resources do require you to fill out a form, however, we respect your privacy and do not share your email address.
Technical Due Diligence Checklist
We’ve prepared a downloadable version of a list of questions to ask and answer during the technical due diligence process.
Outsourcing Checklist—How to Ensure Success
Download this checklist for a list of questions to ask yourself as you begin each outsourced project.
How To Build a Business Case for Legacy System Modernization
White Papers Description
Crosslake has collected years of experience on Agile anti-patterns and packaged them in a short eBook. Learn how to resolve common issues such as lack of management commitment, supporting quality practices required for Agile success, what frequently goes wrong with Scrum, and lack of proper “Done” definitions.
Title: Proven Practices, Considerations and Common Pitfalls of Modernizing Legacy Systems
Date: 6/18/2018 @ 9am PT, Registration Link
Link to recording (coming soon)
Link to slides (coming soon)
In this webinar we will discuss both the demand side of the reasons to modernize, the main business drivers, where new requirements cannot be met or stakeholder concerns or desires addressed sufficiently by the current application/s estate and business value, where the current system lags in terms of data, and the support it offers. We then demonstrate the consideration on the supply and their associated drivers, which will include cost and complexity. Such as the cost of operating and changing the current application may be simply be too high in relation to its value? Is the sheer complexity an issue for users? Risk is also a key consideration and we will examine some of the more compelling reasons for modernizing legacy architectures.
If you’re a portfolio company or operating partner, you won’t want to miss this. We’ll help you take those important – but tricky – next steps. After helping hundreds of portfolio and operating partners navigate the course, we will share best practices for value creation and growth, tackling and prioritizing risk items, defining a transformation roadmap and more.
- Effectively prioritizing investment to maximize value creation
- People and Leadership
- Streamlining organizations for efficiency
- Leveraging low cost development centers
- Modernizing legacy architectures to
- Enable new business opportunities
- Reduce on-going support costs and increase quality
- Enable migration to cloud
- SDLC and Agile Processes
- Improve development efficiency and quality
- Ensuring quality throughout the development lifecycle
- What do you look for in early discussions, prior to a diligence?
- How do you optimize investment objectives?
- How do you spot red flags and what do you do about them?
- What are the 5 things that ensure success?
- How do you maximize ROI for post-close growth?
Our 360-view includes:
- Technology: Understand where to drill in Architecture, Technical Debt, API’s, BI and SaaS.
- IT Operations: What are hosting models, reliability and robust disaster recovery?
- People and Leadership: Key roles, identifying gaps and key-person dependencies.
- Roadmap: Relationship between business and technology roadmaps and predicting costs.
- Development Process: Agility, efficiency and engineering practices that lead to business results.
- Professional Services: Customization vs configuration practices for successful engagements.
- Industry Trends: Our perspective on industry trends.
- Post-close: Best practices with case studies.
Title: Build-Deploy-Test. Speed Up Using Lab Management in TFS
Link to slides
In this webinar, we take a trip through the build-deploy-test workflow and learn how Team Foundation Server 2012 Lab Management allows for easy and customizable automated builds, seamless deployment to multiple machines simultaneously, and automated verification tests to ensure ongoing high product quality. Learn how to set up your own test environments for the build-deploy-test workflow, including leveraging the TFS build system, automatic configuration of test virtual machines, and automatic deployment of your product assets including build verification tests.
Lab Management is an often-misunderstood feature in the Team Foundation Server suite of functionality. Let us dispel some of the myths and help you move forward on your path to build-deploy-test greatness.
Title: Unleash the Power of TFS Build
Link to Slides
No build == no working software == no testing == no customer feedback == badness all around
In this webinar, we illustrate the power of using TFS as a build system and provide arguments for why teams should use it. We will answer questions such as:
- What are the advantages of having an automated build?
- What is TFS Build and why would I use it?
- What are the different types of builds?
- How do I define and configure a build in TFS?
- How do I customize a build (e.g. invoke a PowerShell script from the build)?
- How do I diagnose a failed build?
- How do I build with the TFS service?
Title: Git It Done with Team Foundation Server
Link to slides
From Andy Lewis’ MSDN blog:
“The best option for you depends on a lot of factors, including size of codebase, team size, and team distribution to name a few. Now that Git is fully integrated with TFS, the decision depends solely on what your team needs from version control. Looking at the strengths and features of each system can help make the decision easier.”
Check out the Crosslake blog for additional help and resources.